- Franklin Turnpike Branch
- Remembering Ed Glass
- Lemonade for Children
- 45th Anniversary Recap
- South Boston Branch Opens
- 58 West Branch Grand Opening
- Employee Anniversaries
- Welcome Our New Staff
- Upcoming Events and Holiday Closings
Read this newsletter in your browser at
Scroll down to keep reading or
Click here to download the print pdf version. (3 MB)
We’ve been working like busy bees to finish up the new Franklin Turnpike Branch! We plan to open around the first week of August. Expect a buzz of activity there in the weeks leading up to the opening.
Save the Date! The official Grand Opening event will be on September 6, 2014. Look for more information about the Branch Dedication and Ribbon Cutting closer to this date.
This past Spring has been a bit of a whirlwind for Piedmont CU. We’ve opened two branches on Route 58 and in South Boston, difficult yet exciting tasks. But this season we were also struck with sudden and tragic news. Ed Glass, our President, passed away last March just before the publishing of our last newsletter. These new branches on Route 58, Franklin Turnpike and in South Boston were largely Ed’s vision for the credit union he loved. When the history books are written they will be his legacy here.
Ed loved a challenge. Perhaps that’s why he stepped down from his position on our Board of Directors to become the President almost four years ago. There was no challenge too big. At work Ed will be remembered as kind, consistent, smart, dedicated and determined. He was one who always sought to better both himself and those around him.
Indeed the staff, volunteers and members of Piedmont Credit Union are quite fortunate to have had Ed as part of our lives. We will miss him dearly. But there are others who will miss him even more. Ed loved his family more than anything. Please remember his wife, adult children, and several grandchildren in the coming days and months as they say “goodbye” to one who shared a true and lasting love as a husband, father and grandfather. New branch offices and work successes are great, but, as those closest to him would testify, his family is the lasting legacy Ed was after.
On July 3rd and July 7th Piedmont Credit Union hosted a lemonade stand to benefit the Children's Miracle Network. Members enjoyed a nice cool glass of Lemonade and raised $750 overall!
All proceeds will go directly to the Children’s Miracle Network right here in Virginia.
Piedmont Credit Union is NOW OPEN for business in South Boston.
The branch is conveniently located at 4027 Halifax Rd. in Centerville, between the towns of South Boston and Halifax. The official Ribbon Cutting Ceremony was held on July 7th at 11am. View more photos on our facebook page.
Stop by anytime and meet the South Boston staff members. Branch manager, Deborah Sizemore, is no stranger to the Halifax community. She brings a wealth of experience and knowledge which are equaled only by her uplifting personality and desire to serve the community.
Almost 300 members attended our 45th Annual Meeting on May 8th.
Events of note…
- Carrie Merricks was honored for her 45 years of volunteer service. She will continue to serve as a Board Member Emeritus.
- Members elected to the Board were Ed Hairston, Sylvesta Jennings, and Carey Wilkes.
- Scholarships were awarded to three members who will be attending college in the fall: Michelle Culbert, Jason Keesee and Sydni Lipscomb.
- The membership was introduced to Alice Ann Crowl, the newly appointed President of the credit union. Alice Ann’s previous role was Vice-President of Finance and she has been with the credit union since 2009.
For more photos and more information, download the Annual Report from our website at www.piedmontcu.org/meeting2014.
Credit union members enjoyed a hot dog and a fun time at the Route 58 West Branch
Grand Opening last May.
- Laura Blackwell - VP of Lending
- Teresa Farley - Member Service Representative
- Lynette Giles - MSR/Loan Officer
- Beverly Rutledge - Member Service Representative
- Deborah Sizemore - Branch Manager, South Boston
Congratulations to the following who celebrated anniversaries at Piedmont Credit Union.
- Deborah Powell - 19 Years
- Amanda Foster - 5 Years
- Sharon Chaney - 2 Years
- Angela Oakes - 1 Year
- Wendy Rodriguez-Manzano - 1 Year
- Labor Day - Monday, September 1, 2014 - PCU Closed
- Franklin Turnpike Branch Grand Opening - Saturday, September 6, 2014
- Build A Better World Disc Golf Tournament - Check back soon for date!