- All New Member Advantage Club
- How To Get Your Free Credit Report
- Only How Many Days 'Til Christmas?
- NetBranch Upgrades
- All Aboaarrdd!!!
- Stand Against Cancer. Win an iPad2!
- Special Offer - Home Security System Discounts
- Disc Golf Tournament Recap
- Promotions & New Employees
- Employee Anniversaries
- Upcoming Events and Holidays
Read this newsletter in your browser at
Scroll down to keep reading or
Click here to download the pdf version.  (1.16 MB)
Do you find yourself coming up short paying for things like vacations, semi-annual taxes or anniversaries? Or do you have trouble saving up for big purchases & down payments? If so then you should consider a Member Advantage Club. It's a special savings account that gives you an advantage over those habits that, until now, have kept your savings in check!
Here's how it works! You put money into the account as often as you like. You can withdraw funds from it up to four (4) times per calendar year. So the Member Advantage Club provides two things.
- A safe place to store your money that is ear-marked for a specific purpose.
- Limited account access so that the funds are not 'accidentally' spent.
If you have ever used a Vacation Club then you understand this type of account completely. There is no ATM access and withdrawals must be made in person with a Piedmont CU teller.
Scan the tag or visit www.piedmontcu.org/mac  for more details about the all new Member Advantage Club!
If you own a television or a radio then you have no doubt heard about websites or services that promise 'free' credit reports or 'free' credit scores. These commercials and advertisements may be cute and funny, but the truth is that their services are seldom free! In most cases they offer only a free trial of a paid service which can end up costing you big bucks over time.
There is a way to get a truly free copy of your credit report... Read the rest of this article and more in the Savings Story section of our website at http://www.piedmontcu.org/savingsstory .
Didn't we just finish packing up from the holidays last year? Well it's that time of the year once again. For the savers in our credit union your Christmas Club will transfer automatically to your Share Savings no later than October 15, 2011. Your Christmas Club for 2012 will start automatically with your deductions continuing as normal.
If you've already spent your savings and you would like a Christmas Loan to help carry the load of gifts this holiday season, simply give a call to any of our loan officers. This special type of loan has an attractive rate of only 9.5% and a maximum balance of $2,000. Most loans can be finalized within a few minutes. But don't wait until Christmas Eve!
Our popular NetBranch Online Banking Service is getting even better! The new NetBranch will have all the great features you're used to along with a few new ones to make it more intuitive and even easier to use. Our tentative "go live" date is December 13, 2011. Stay tuned to www.piedmontcu.org  for more details.
Stop by our office during the month of October and get your pink on! For $5 you will receive a pink wristband to show your support for those currently facing or who have faced the threat of breast cancer. You will also be entered into a drawing to win an iPad2! 100% of the net proceeds raised will benefit the VA Blue Ridge Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.
This year in anticipation of International Credit Union Day we decided to do something new.
On Saturday, September 10th disc golfers came from all over southside Virginia to participate in the first annual Build A Better World Disc Golf Tournament. Over $1,075 was raised to benefit our local Danville-Pittsylvania County Habitat for Humanity!
Piedmont Credit Union wishes to thank all the players who came out to support our local Habitat for Humanity.
Special thanks also go out to the following sponsors…
- Showcase Magazine
- Essel Propack
- Family Eyecare Center
- Riverside Insurance
- Danville City Employees Federal Credit Union
- Piedmont Shopper
- Poogie's Buffet & Grill
- Innova Disc Golf
Piedmont Credit Union is pleased to announce that we will be hiring two new full-time employees. We’ve added a loan officer position which will be filled by our own Mary Beale! We’ve also added a position called New Accounts & Compliance Manager. Deborah Powell will take on this brand new role in keeping our policies and procedures in line with the many regulations which govern credit unions in the 21st century. Finally, Alice Ann Crowl will become our VP of Finance & Member Services. Be sure to stop by and congratulate each of these ladies on their new roles with Piedmont Credit Union!
These moves will require us to hire two brand new employees. By the time of this publication we expect to have hired a new Member Service Representative and a new Accountant.
- Joan Wood, 14 years
- Donna Robinson, 11 years
- Kimberly Hairston, 5 years
- Beverly Jeffries-Howell, 5 years
- Dan Veasey, 5 years
- Mary Beale, 3 years
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month  - October 2011
- Southside Show-Biz Tradeshow  - Wednesday, October 19, 2011, 12pm - 6pm.
- International Credit Union Day - Thursday, October 20, 2011
- Veterans' Day - Friday, November 11, 2011 - PCU Closed
- Thanksgiving - PCU will be closed on Thursday, November 24th and Friday the 25th, 2011.
- Riverview Rotary Christmas Parade - Sunday, December 10, 2011
- NetBranch Updates Go Live! - Tuesday, December 13, 2011
- Christmas - PCU will be closed on Friday, December 23rd and Monday, December 26th, 2011.
- New Year's Day - PCU will be closed on Moonday, January 2, 2011.