- New & Improved NetBranch Goes Live
- Christmas Parade Recap
- Share Your Wisdom
- Scholarships for Students
- Financial Health Day Is On The Way
- Tax Preparation Options for Members
- Read This If You Have A Car Loan
- Employee Anniversaries
- Upcoming Events and Holidays
Read this newsletter in your browser at
Scroll down to keep reading or
Click here to download the pdf version. (1.06 MB)
Our NetBranch site has received a major facelift. Thus far it has received glowing reviews from members. If you have had any problems signing in or navigating the new site, don't hesitate to give us a call. We'll be glad to schedule a time to speak over the phone or in person to help you make the most of your NetBranch experience.
Take a look at the great new features of NetBranch!
- You can now change your login id to something other than your member number. This is both easier to remember and more secure. This can be done under the User Profile section then under User Preferences.
- You can receive E-Alerts when your account has specific activity. For instance, you can set it to send you an email alert whenever your account balance drops below $300, or when a
- specific check clears. Or maybe you want to receive an alert when your direct deposit posts to your account. There are hundreds of customizable options available.
- Sign up for E-Notices and receive an email notice if you have an NSF check, past due notice or Share Certificate maturity notice. You don't have to wait for the mail anymore!
- E-Statements now store up to 18 months of statements!
- You can customize your NetBranch screen by moving blocks to where you want them.
- If you have close family members who need limited access to your accounts, you can share your account with them. For instance, you could grant your child in college permission to withdraw up to a specific amount per month.
- You can also set up a sub-user with limited access, such as if you have a single account with two owners.
- Finally, setting up scheduled transfers is easier than ever!
- Login today and see for yourself just how easy and convenient NetBranch is!
For the second consecutive year Piedmont Credit Union is honored to have been awarded the Corporate Cup at the Riverview Rotary Christmas Parade! The theme of the parade was "An Old Fashioned Christmas". Our float, entitled "Coming Home", was unique in that it did much more than convey Holiday good wishes, it told a story based loosely on true events.
The scene started in 1944 Europe during World War II when ... The rest of the story and photos are on our main website.
Most of our members do pretty well with managing their finances. We want our future members and leaders of the credit union to make sound decisions too! So how did our most financially adept members get to where they are today? If you're one of them we want to hear from you. Over the next few months we'll be collecting your best advice to share with the younger generation. Who influenced you the most in the way you handle your money? Was it a parent? Did you learn from their expertise or from their mistakes? What was your biggest financial mistake? What was your best financial decision?
Visit our website at www.piedmontcu.org/advice and leave your "word to the wise" for others to learn from. We'll keep your identity private.
If you or someone you know will be attending full-time undergraduate school next fall, then you should download our scholarship application today! Our Dr. Harold Henry Scholarship is awarded to 1-3 students each year. Full details may be found at www.piedmontcu.org/scholarship.
Hurry! The deadline for applications is April 2nd!
Be on the lookout for a Financial Health & Wellness Day sometime in February or March. Members & visitors will receive a free credit analysis and budget counseling. Those meeting certain income qualifications may even make an appointment to have their taxes filed for free by BEST Initiative volunteers.
There are three great options to help you prepare and file your taxes in the way that's best for you!
If you want a recognized professional to handle your taxes Piedmont CU is pleased to once again partner with Jones & Associates CPA's. Piedmont CU members will receive a $20 discount off the cost of tax preparation. Jones & Associates CPA's has consistently been rated as one of the very best firms in Danville and will ensure that your taxes are filed correctly and that you receive every available deduction. They may be reached at 434-793-8555 or at their office located at 635 Main Street in Danville.
For those who prefer to take care of taxes on their own, Piedmont CU members are eligible for special pricing on Turbo Tax. All the details about this are available after you login to NetBranch.
Finally, you may qualify for the the free basic tax service provided by the BEST Initiative. For more information on how to qualify visit their website at www.piedmontbest.org or call 434-793-5627. BEST will begin making appointments beginning on January 3, 2012.
One reason that our credit union consistently offers low loan rates is because, by and large, our members pay their loans back. Sometimes, however, this means that the credit union has to remind people of the promises they made. When you have a loan for your car your car insurance doesn't just protect you, it protects your credit union too. We have seen times when members had a lapse in their insurance and had a wreck during that time. They not only lost their car, they still had a loan balance to repay as well. If the member can't pay it, the credit union has to take a loss. If losses get too high, we have to offer higher loan rates to offset them.
In order to curb potential losses before they occur, the credit union has developed a system to track insurance paperwork. If a member's insurance lapses, the credit union may add Collateral Protection Insurance to your loan balance. This insurance only covers the credit union, not the borrower, so it is not a viable substitute for traditional car insurance. To make sure that your loan never falls subject to Collateral Protection Insurance please make sure that your insurance is up to date and that your agent has the credit union listed as a lienholder for any vehicles you have loans for. If they don't, then it only takes a moment to add it and have a copy of the policy faxed or mailed to the credit union.
- Mealie Scott, 10 years
- Teresa Tuck, 6 years
- Stacey Saunders, 6 years
- Alice Ann Crowl, 2 years
- Martin L. King Jr. Day - Monday, January 16, 2012 - PCU Closed
- Presidents' Day - Monday, February 20, 2012 - PCU Closed
- Easter Monday - Monday, April 9, 2012 - PCU Closed
- Youth Week 2012 - Be A Super Saver! - April 22 through April 28... More to Come...