7 Ways to Save Money in 2010
First of all, Happy New Year from your friends at Piedmont Credit Union!
Here are 7 ideas to help you save money in 2010. What are some ideas that you have? Share them in the comments section below...
- If you don't have a written budget already, make one. If you already have one, examine it to make sure it still works! (Click here for a downloadable budget worksheet.)
- Start a savings plan or club account to save money throughout the year every payday.
- Move your high interest debts or car loans to loans at Piedmont CU. Even a slight reduction in the interest rate can save you hundreds of dollars per year.
- Start or increase your retirement savings. Many employers require this choice to be made this time of year. If you are working and have not started a 401K, IRA, or other retirement savings plan, start one today!
- Visit AnnualCreditReport.com. Here you can make sure your credit is still in good standing or you can begin steps to improve it. Better credit means lower loan rates and lower insurance premiums.
- Start using Piedmont CU Online Billpay. This not only saves stamps, but it can really simplify your life if you use it wisely.
- Automate your savings. Piedmont CU employees can setup any number of transfers to savings or loan accounts when your direct deposit comes in. You can also setup automatic transfers within NetBranch and Online Billpay. You can even transfer funds to other financial institutions.